Portobello takes care of the environmental regeneration of deposits, respecting the natural origin of each area. Besides that, we fulfill pre-established criteria for the management of social impact and deposits licensing, with periodical audits in order to promote the preservation of biodiversity, the quality control of water, and reduction of CO2 emissions.
Portobello creates and supports several projects aiming to empower communities because we value people and believe in their potential for evolve and transforming the world.
Guidelines that lead our performance:
- Promote people's health, safety, well-being and development
- Prioritize children and sport in social projects
- Become a community partner by supporting social responsibility initiatives
- Promote culture and participate in the volunteer activities of its employees
Through OUR PEOPLE pillar, we promote to the following UN Sustainable Objectives:
Projects that make OUR PEOPLE pillar real:
The Program Grow is a project in the City of Tijucas / SC, which for more than fifteen years in partnership with ADEC (Sports Association of Ceramists of Vale do Rio Tijucas), has already encouraged more than 150 children and teenagers from six to thirteen years old in sports programs and educational activities. This represents about 70% of children and teenagers in the community and 30% of students who are Portobello employee´ sons and daughters, 90% of whom are students in the region public schools in the region.
The Program aims not only to encourage the practice of physical activities, but also to develop motor and physical abilities, to promote the sport positive values, such as responsibility, cooperation and respect, which also happens through the work of socio-educational themes such as health, education, entrepreneurship and sustainability. All participants receive free transportation, food, uniforms and school supplies with the program's agenda, which also works to prepare teenagers for the professional world, preparing young people to Portobello's Young Apprentice Program.
Founded in 2004, the Coral Anjos Luz is a project that takes place at Tijucas / SC and has already involved more than 300 children and teenagers from six to thirteen years old and today counts with 35 members who prepare presentations at popular events, festivals, parties, concerts also in partnership with other musical groups. The relationships cultivated since childhood are extremely valuable for Portobello, especially because many of these children are employees´s daughters and sons and who today are also part of the company's staff. Coral Anjos Luz is an initiative that brings the beauty and transformative power of music to different generations.
The pillar to keep active and encourage people to join Portobello' social programs is the Volunteer Program, which currently counts with the participation with more than 200 employees. The program encourages employees to join social actions since 2017, aims contributing to improve the quality of communitie´s life. Therefore, today the initiative is organized into four different work fronts, which volunteers can choose according to their availability and interests that follows:
- Voluntary actions, in which the employee helps organizing corporate events such as workers' party, children's party, events held by the city of Tijucas / SC.
- Caring campaigns, focused on collecting donations for Voluntary Christmas, Clothing Campaign, visits to hospitals, nursing homes, daycare centers and schools.
- Donations, in which volunteers assist employees who face difficulties due to illness or natural disasters.
- Actions for life, focused on people's health and well-being such as blood donation, assistance in events related to health in general, such as October Pink and November Blue.